A Letter to the President: My Hopes and Fears

Dear President Marcos Jr.,


I am writing to you today to express my thoughts and feelings about your presidency. I am a Filipino citizen who is deeply concerned about the future of our country. I am also a young person who is hopeful for a better tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about your presidency. On the one hand, I am excited about your vision for the Philippines. You have promised to unite the country, fight poverty, and improve the economy. These are all things that I support.



On the other hand, I am worried about your authoritarian tendencies. You have cracked down on dissent and strengthened the security forces. You have also appointed several controversial figures to your cabinet. These actions make me fear that you are leading the Philippines down a dangerous path.


President Marcos Jr., I urge you to use your power wisely. I hope that you will be a leader who unites the country, fights poverty, and protects democracy. I also hope that you will listen to the voices of your critics and be open to different perspectives.



I am hopeful that you can be a good president for the Philippines. But I am also worried about your authoritarian tendencies. I urge you to use your power wisely and to be a leader who unites the country, fights poverty, and protects democracy.


I am particularly concerned about your administration's attacks on the press and its efforts to silence dissent. I believe that a free press is essential for a healthy democracy. I also believe that everyone has the right to express their opinions, even if those opinions are critical of the government.


I am also worried about your administration's close ties to China. I believe that it is important for the Philippines to maintain a strong relationship with the United States, our traditional ally. I am concerned that your administration's policies are tilting the Philippines too close to China, which could have negative consequences for our country.



I urge you to reconsider your policies on the press, dissent, and China. I hope that you will put the interests of the Filipino people first and make decisions that will benefit all Filipinos, not just a select few.


References:

https://amp.scmp.com/week-asia/geopolitics/article/2182578/philippine-defence-chief-urges-review-us-treaty-amid-south

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2022/11/15/2223878/marcos-accepts-more-foreign-invites/amp/

https://www.istockphoto.com/vector/cooperation-between-philippines-and-usa-in-front-of-world-map-the-concept-of-gm1436506761-477530404


Write to Reianne Alc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside the Mind of an Highschooler

Christmas Season 2023

Thematic:Embracing National Clean-Up Drive Month: A Call to Environmental Action